[sustran] your nominations for small/medium sized cities showing outstanding accomplishments

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Oct 7 21:46:54 JST 2008

Dear Friends,

Can you take a minute to share with us your nominations for small/medium
sized cities showing outstanding accomplishments in moving to sustainable
mobility and sustainable lives? Showing the way for other cities in need
anywhere in the world.

·         Medium-sized =, let’s say, less than 500,000 people. Small: less
than 100,000.

·         Europe, North and Latin America, Asia Pacific, and please if
anything at all: Africa and the Middle East.

We need real examples, of projects and progress – not promises and plans.
And we need to be able to draw up short fact-based profiles, of each with
URLs, citations, references and other checkable indictors of accomplishment.

In a fist instance though, just the city name, perhaps a URL and some quick
indication of why you think they just might be an example for our plundered
planet.

We are losing, and losing big, the war on sustainable development and social
justice. But if we can keep putting forth telling  examples to give courage
and show the way, that is already a start.

Thanks for your good ideas,

Eric Britton

PS. Look at today’s map of people coming into the New Mobility Agenda
café.Kind of what you migth expect I am afraid. But what about those great
swaths of virgin white running left to right starting in Africa and
spreading though virutally all of the Middle East and on through the
coutries of the former Soviet Union. Hmm.