[sustran] Re: Bicycle Sharing Demand Estimation

Morten Lange morten7an at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 09:21:55 JST 2008

Hi Chris,

Nice to hear that your city is considering a Bicycle Sharing program, following up on the success in cities like Barcelona, Paris, and several more.

I suggest you join the special mailing list on bike sharing/ City bikes, and ask there :

Eric Britton has provided suggestions for a set of criteria before implementing such a program.  That is if you want maximum efficiency and jaw-dropping success  :-)

Description of the group, WorldCityBikes <worldcitybike at yahoogroups.com>

from the above URL :
This public interest Forum of the New Mobility Agenda is open to all interested people and groups world wide, but we do ask that you first address a short  email to
   secretariat at newmobility.org

identifying yourself with address, email, phone, and Skype (if you have it), along with a few words explaining your interest in city bikes. We will get back to you immediately. Thanks.
Welcome to the invitational forum of the collaborative World City Bike project. This moderated forum offers a flexible discussion space and shared library - given over specifically to exchanges of information, sources and ideas for people and groups around the world interested in city or public bikes. It is intended to be a useful supplement to the public information you will find at the World City Bike site.

Best Regards,
Morten,

Reykjavík, Iceland
(+ Oslo/Trondheim, Norway)