[sustran] Road width standards

Debi Goenka debi.cat at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:26:53 JST 2008

Hi

Can some one help me with details of the road width standards in India in urban and rural areas.

I am particularly interested in knowing if the width of the pavements is fixed as a proportion of the total raod width.

And also, does the Municipal Corporation of Mumbai have its own standards?

Many thanks

Debi Goenka

Debi Goenka
Executive Trustee
Conservation Action Trust
www.cat.org.in

Mobile  +91 98200 86404
e-mail: debi.cat at gmail.com

6 E-1 Court Chambers
35 New Marine Lines
Mumbai 400020

Tel: (91-22) 22006116/5/4   Tfax: 22006115

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.