[sustran] Expression of Interest -- Mauritius Bus Modernization Programme

Jonathan Richmond richmond at alum.mit.edu
Sat May 17 02:46:32 JST 2008

Dear Colleagues, I hope some of you might be interested in our Bus
Modernization Programme in Mauritius. Our announcement is below, and you
can obtain full details at the web address indicated.

Best,

                     --Jonathan

EXPRESSION OF INTEREST  – MAURITIUS BUS MODERNIZATION PROGRAMME
(Authorised under Section 14(12) of the Public Procurement Act 2006)
(Ref No. CPB/44/2008)

The Government of the Republic of Mauritius is embarking on a major Bus
Modernization Programme and hereby invites Expressions of Interests for
preparation of this project from qualified consulting firms or consortiums
in line with the Mauritius Public Procurement Act of 2006. Financing is
planned to come jointly from the Government of Mauritius and the World
Bank under the Project Preparation Facility (PPF) to meet the cost of
preparing the Mauritius Bus Modernization Programme.

At the heart of the modernization programme will be the feasibility study,
detailed design and implementation of a 25 km busway using a disused rail
right of way and of 12 km of bus-only lanes to be placed along an existing
motorway, the two components to be operated as an integrated high speed
system. The system is needed to radically improve bus service performance,
safety, convenience and reliability.

The programme will also include a route restructuring and review of the
regulatory and fare regimes to bring them in line with the needs of the
new express bus facilities and the general interests of modernization.

The Expression of Interest and all documentations, in sealed envelope
marked “EOI  – Mauritius Bus Modernization Programme”, should be sent to
the Chairman, Central Procurement Board, 1st Floor, Social Security House,
Julius Nyerere Avenue, Rose Hill, Mauritius on 11 June 2008 at 13.30 hours
(local time) at the latest.

Detailed information regarding the requirements of the Expression of
Interest which include inter alia the scope of services, a brief on the
terms of reference, the profile of the consultants etc is available on the
website of the Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Land Transport &
Shipping at http://publicinfrastructure.gov.mu. Further information and
clarification may be obtained from acunniah at mail.gov.mu.

-----
Jonathan Richmond
Transport Adviser to the Government of Mauritius
Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Land Transport and Shipping
New Government Centre, Level 4
Port Louis
Mauritius

+230 707-1134 (Mauritius mobile: most reliable way to reach me)

+1 (617) 395-4360 (US phone number rings at home -- call me in
Mauritius for the price of a call to the US).

+44 (0)7978 807532 (UK mobile number, connects to mobile phone when in
wifi zone, or goes to voice mail). This is also a SIP number. If you
have a SIP phone you can reach me by dialing: sip:447978807532 at truphone.com

e-mail: richmond at alum.mit.edu
http://the-tech.mit.edu/~richmond/