[sustran] Re: How much land does a car "eat" for a year?

Madhav Badami, Prof. madhav.g.badami at mcgill.ca
Thu May 15 01:26:38 JST 2008

It is not a funny question at all ... indeed, it is not just a question of how much land and other resources are consumed by the production and distribution of bio- (or any other kind of fuel), but the car itself, as well as its wastes (including that from burning the fuel), and the infrastructure for cars ...

Madhav

"As for the future, your task is not to foresee, but to enable it."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Madhav G. Badami, PhD
School of Urban Planning and McGill School of Environment
McGill University
Macdonald-Harrington Building
815 Sherbrooke Street West
Montreal, QC, H3A 2K6, Canada

Phone: 514-398-3183 (Work); 514-486-2370 (Home)
Fax: 514-398-8376; 514-398-1643
URLs: www.mcgill.ca/urbanplanning
www.mcgill.ca/mse
e-mail: madhav.badami at mcgill.ca