[sustran] Re: [SUSTRAN] Re: Tata Nano: Criminalizing Mobility orMobilizing Crime

Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory edelman at greenidea.eu
Thu Jan 24 19:18:38 JST 2008

Hi Lee,

Could you please explain what you mean by "balance"?

Lee Schipper wrote:
> [...] Is the balance
> the same as in Sweden [...]
> [...] what mechanisms are appropriate for ALL cities to achieve a better balance between
> individual and collective traffic?[...]
AS you might agree, there is this myth that there can be an ideal
"balance" between various forms of transport, and adherents to this
philosophy seem to becoming fewer in number.... I don't think this is
what you meant - and I don't want to split hairs over terminology - but
are you saying "balance" instead of "modal share"?  The former is quite
subjective, the latter is not (though of course it might be
oversimplified because all journeys are multimodal unless you sleep (and
so on...) on the bus, etc.).

Thanks,

Todd Edelman
Director
Green Idea Factory

Korunni 72
CZ-10100 Praha 10
Czech Republic

Skype: toddedelman
++420 605 915 970
++420 222 517 832

edelman at greenidea.eu
http://greenideafactory.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/photos/edelman

Green Idea Factory is a member of World Carfree Network
www.worldcarfree.net

CAR is over. If you WANT it.