[sustran] "At the Frontiers of Cycling: Policy Innovations in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Germany". - Journal of World Transport Policy & Practice

eric.britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Mon Jan 21 20:31:53 JST 2008

The latest number of the Journal of World Transport Policy & Practice is now
available: Vol. 13, No. 1. “At the Frontiers of Cycling: Policy Innovations
in the Netherlands, Denmark, and Germany”.

>From the Editor's Foreword:  "This is a special-issue WTPP monograph on
cycling – particularly on international variations in cycling activity.  The
objective here is to make sure that the intelligence virus infects enough of
our senior decision-takers, politicians and bureaucrats to produce a radical
transformation of cycling so that in the majority of urban areas of the
world we can deliver one third or more of all trips by bike. The same point
applies to walking trips and to so-called “active-travel” in general. It is
clear to us that many of our much publicised transport policy objectives
including climate change, health and social inclusion will not be achieved
until we produce seriously high levels of active travel/". John Whitelegg.

You can pick up this latest issue of our journal from the website of the
World City Bike project at http://www.citybike.newmobility.org/, by clicking
Homework/Toolkit on the left menu. You’ll find it. (A more direct link is
via Eco-Logica at  http://www.eco-logica.co.uk/pdf/wtpp13.3.pdf).

You  comments on this latest WTPP number are invited via the New Mobility
Café, address WorldTransport at yahoogroups.com. It would also be appreciated
if you might copy to Professor Whitelegg who is always glad to have feedback
on the journal.