[sustran] Fw: Delhi BRT

Paul Barter sppbpa at nus.edu.sg
Sun Feb 24 09:34:20 JST 2008

These message from a non-member of the list was held by our hyperactive
filters. Trying to forward to the list now.

Paul
---------

On Sat, 23/2/08, Muralidhar Rao <murali7727 at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

    Subject: GPS based bus tracking service

    Dear Mr Bhatnagar

    I refer to the following extracts from your comments on the Delhi BRTS

    It may be noted that GPS has already proved unfeasible in the past as
well. The information furnished by GPS merely tells us about the timeliness
of the service and does in no way serve as a communication or a networking
medium.

    In this connection, I would like to invite you to visit the site
    http://www.clinf.com/yi/Index.html
    detailing a GPS based bus tracking service which had been working quite
successfully in Bangalore. The users comments may also be accessed at

//www.eventsbangalore.net/2007/03/01/yelli-iddira-where-r-u-tracking-bangalo
re-volvo-buses/x

    I expect it will interest you.

    Regards, Muralidhar Rao