[sustran] Re: for Au Ables of CAI

guillen at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp guillen at sk.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sat Feb 9 15:46:07 JST 2008

Hi Au,

I am not sure if this will help but I think there are various research
initiatives on this aspect here in Japan eg. verifying quantitative effect
on the effect of promoting public transport using marketing
tools.Moreover, I tend to agree with Carlos' comments on economic trends
esp. in the case of developing nations in Asi. Anyway, useful link would
be those of Springer's journal Transportation esp. the topic on mobility
management on its latest issue. If I remember it right, there are also
some research transportation journal on articles  which try to quantify
the behavioral effect eg. car use to public transport using various
measures. I also found the good practice inventory of IGES (Institute for
Global Environmental Strategies)
http://www.iges.or.jp/en/database/index.htmlinteresting.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Danielle

Marie Danielle V.Guillen
Urban Transportation Lab.
Graduate School of Systems & Information Engineering
University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba City, Japan