[sustran] TransMetro Guatemala: 2

eric.britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Feb 8 18:51:32 JST 2008

On Behalf Of Dr. Rainer Rothfuss
Sent: Friday, 8 February 2008 10:37

Dear members of this forum,

I'd like to send you the brief introduction of Antonio Forno who
joined our Online Expert Forum in order to represent the Cities for
Mobility member city of Guatemala with its interesting BRT system
TransMetro:

"My name is Antonio Forno. I work in La Municipalidad de Guatemala in
the department of Mobilidad Urbana. I am the department director´s
assistant, Mr. Fabricio Gonzales, and I will be coordinating
everything that has to do with Cities for Mobility. We would like you
to know about the latest outcomes and news of our project: Transmetro.

The project was nominated for the Sustainable Award, and won a honorific
mention for beeing the first rapid-massive bus system [in Central America].

http://transmetro.muniguate.com/article196.html

It has provided more than 50 million people with it´s efficient service
and has been filled with positive comments."

CONGRATULATIONS FROM CITIES FOR MOBILITY FOR THE 2008 SUSTAINABLE
TRANSPOR AWARD!!!

We are looking foward to learing more from you positive experience
with TransMetro and we'd be glad to integrate you in the project
proposal "Comparison and Integration of Bus Rapid Transit and Light
Rail Train Systems as Means of Efficient Urban Mass Transport" which
has been developed during our last CfM World Congress in June 2007.

Best regards,
Rainer

<mailto:Cities-for-Mobility-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>