[sustran] Re: Flexible Working Hours from Jakarta?

Todd Alexander Litman litman at vtpi.org
Wed Dec 3 01:37:16 JST 2008

See the "Alternative Work Schedules"
(http://www.vtpi.org/tdm/tdm15.htm ) chapter of our Online TDM
Encyclopedia (http://www.vtpi.org/tdm ). Many organizations have
staggered work hour (for example, factories with various shifts) to
reduce congestion, and some allow or require condensed workweeks
(such as four 10-hour days instead of five 8-hour days per week).
Even better is flextime, which allows individual worker flexibility
in their schedules, if feasible with their particular jobs.

It is generally ineffective to force schedule changes on
organizations or individuals. Doing so tends to create problems and
inefficiencies.

Best wishes,
-Todd Litman

Sincerely,
Todd Alexander Litman
Victoria Transport Policy Institute (www.vtpi.org)
litman at vtpi.org
Phone & Fax 250-360-1560
1250 Rudlin Street, Victoria, BC, V8V 3R7, CANADA
"Efficiency - Equity - Clarity"