[sustran] Re: R2W and increase in business incomes

Pardo Carlosfelipe GTZ CO carlos.pardo at gtz.de
Mon Dec 1 05:49:39 JST 2008

Dear Kanthi,

Please find detailed information of impacts and characteristics of
various pedestrian zones in the 180- page module "Carfree development"
by Lloyd Wright, published by GTZ SUTP. You can download it from
www.sutp.org (you must register first, at no cost) - sourcebook section.

Best regards,

Carlosfelipe Pardo
Coordinador de Proyecto- Project Coordinator
GTZ - Proyecto de Transporte Sostenible (SUTP, SUTP-LAC)
Mobile: +44 (0) 7954 251 709
carlos.pardo at gtz.de        www.gtz.de
(carlos.pardo at sutp.org   www.sutp.org )
skype: carlosfpardo

Kanthi Kannan wrote:
> Dear all
>

> We in the Right to Walk Foundation are trying to get 'Evidence' that benefit
> of sidewalks reach all sections of society. We are trying to get therefore
> evidence regarding China and the effect of pedestrianisation there. In our
> city the politicians would be against sidewalks because they will get the
> traders to go on a strike if we get sidewalks made.
>

> Can any of you help us in this endeavour? We are trying to submit a petition
> to the Chief Minister of our State regarding the necessity of having
> sidewalks and pedestrian crossings.
>

> Thanks and Warm Regards
>

> Kanthi Kannan
>

> The Right to Walk Foundation
>

> www.right2walk.com <http://www.right2walk.com/>

> IMPORTANT NOTE to everyone who gets sustran-discuss messages via YAHOOGROUPS.
>
> Please go to http://list.jca.apc.org/manage/listinfo/sustran-discuss to join the real sustran-discuss and get full membership rights. The yahoogroups version is only a mirror and 'members' there cannot post to the real sustran-discuss (even if the yahoogroups site makes it seem like you can). Apologies for the confusing arrangement.

> SUSTRAN-DISCUSS is a forum devoted to discussion of people-centred, equitable and sustainable transport with a focus on developing countries (the 'Global South').

Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Technische Zusammenarbeit (GTZ) GmbH; Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office Eschborn/Taunus, Germany; Registergericht/Registered at Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany; Eintragungs-Nr./Registration no. HRB 12394; Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Erich Stather, State Secretary; Geschaeftsfuehrer/Managing Directors: Dr. Bernd Eisenblaetter, Wolfgang Schmitt