[sustran] E-bikes vs bikes

AD banmt at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 15:04:20 JST 2008

As petrol price has increased recently from 14.500 VND to 19.000 VND (around 31%) (1USD~17.000VND), more and more Vietnamese people are buying e-bikes as an alternative for their motorbikes. However, concerning the environmental effects of electricity generation (burning oil/petrol/coal for thermal power or building dams for hydropower) and of manufacturing and disposing of batteries used in e-bikes, i wonder if it is a good trend. Any advise or comment will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

AD.