[sustran] Re: Bogota's time machine

Cornie Huizenga cornie.huizenga at cai-asia.org
Mon Apr 28 11:19:02 JST 2008

Dear Carlos,

Thanks for this sobering update. It clearly demonstrates the importance of
intensifying advocacy for a systems change approach to urban transport. I
expect that at BAQ 2008 we will be able to have a discussion on the need for
and (the how-to) of such a systems change approach.  In Asia we now have a
large number of BRT's on the drawing board or in partial operation. How do
we ensure that this becomes part of a sustained comprehensive change and
that we avoid a Bogota like situation.

Cornie

 Message: 1