[sustran] India NUTP, NURM, NMT & pedestrianisation

Vinay Baindur yanivbin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 15:13:43 JST 2008

please fwd attachments if possible

*NURM DIKTATs on NUTP are now linked to Pedestrianisation, and Cycling paths
& **ROAD WIDENING *(attached & url link below)*. All letters addresed to the
Chief Secy of all states / UTs All this has happened during the last one
year or so and this has repurcussions for funding and getting our grievances
heard. Many initiatives are being taken up all over the country but need
coordination to see that they will be established HYDERABAD, PUNE, BANGALORE
MYSORE

*http://urbanindia.nic.in/moud/programme/ut/main.htm*

All new road widening project will have to deploy a new lane reserved for
Public Transport (mainly buses) in the design and one for NMT and cycling
lane MANDATORILY.

HOW it is implemented now will be upto our joint initiatives?
*cheers
Vinay

HOW