[sustran] Reinventing Transport in Cities: 2007-2012 - collaborative project and invitation

eric.britton at free.fr eric.britton at free.fr
Sun Sep 9 15:43:40 JST 2007

Dear Sustran friends,

This is to inform you about our latest collaborative new mobility project:
Reinventing Transport in Cities: 2007-2012.  You will see it at -
http://www.invent.newmobility.org <http://www.invent.newmobility.org/> .

Why do I take your valuable time with this information this morning? Three
reasons, in brief:

*         First, it is my hope that even as it stands (eternally incomplete
and in process) I hope you will find it a useful resource in support of your
own work.

*         Second, to invite your comments and suggestions for making it
clearer and better. These you might want to pass on to me privately, and
perhaps later I can provide a summary of these ideas and share them with the
group as a whole.

*         And finally, because I would very much like to hope that in a few
cases at least  this might lead in time to a collaborative project, either
perhaps in your city or region,, or via some kind of network or agency. That
after all is what the whole things is about. The bottom line.

If you would agree to share this with your colleagues and various lists and
networks, and perhaps also some of our media friends - after all this is
such a hot and important topic - well that would be much appreciated,

There you have it. Grist I hope for your good mill. Let me know what you
think we can do with this.

With all good wishes,

Eric Britton

Reinventing Transportation in Cities - at http://www.invent.newmobility.org/

Europe : 8/10 rue Joseph Bara, 75006 Paris,  France.    T:  +331 4326 1323

USA : 9440 Readcrest Dr., Los Angeles, CA  90210.     T: +1 310 601-8468

E. eric.britton at ecoplan.org. E2. fekbritton at gmail.com Skype: newmobility

The Commons: A wide open, world-wide open society forum concerned with
improving our understanding and control of technology as it impacts on
people in our daily lives. Seeking out and pioneering new transformational
concepts for concerned citizens, activists, community groups, entrepreneurs
and business. Supporting local government as that closest to the people and
the problems. Increasing the uncomfort zone for hesitant administrators and
politicians.  And through our long term world wide collaborative efforts,
energy and personal choices, placing them and ourselves firmly on the path
to a more sustainable and more just world.