[sustran] Re: Velib' costs and benefits

Luc Nadal Lnadal at itdp.org
Tue Oct 16 02:40:50 JST 2007

The bus shelters and other ad-bearing street furniture normally
remain the property of the contractor, who leases the land on which
they stand to the city.  The magazine Nouvel Observateur reported
that JC Decaux took all its street furniture and bus shelters down
overnight after the southern city of Draguignan, revoked their
contract (Nouvel Observateur, Nov 10 1999).