[sustran] Re: [carfree_network] Re: RE: Pollution in Paris... from Bicycles

Pascal van den Noort operations at velomondial.net
Mon Oct 8 06:43:35 JST 2007

Hi Todd,

You will realize that I disagree with all the ideological stuff you wrote. I
am happy that you agree with my energy saving analyses.

I am curious about possible other possible positions.

In the meantime I give you this Velo Mondial initiative:

Amsterdam never used cycling and cycling planning as a means of cleaning the
air in the city. European measures now oblige Amsterdam to act. With the
introduction of a 'Main
<http://velomondial.blogspot.com/2007/10/main-network-emission-free-traffic.
html>  Network for Emission Free Traffic' , modes of transport that do not
emit, like electric cars, bike taxis, Segways, roller skates, skeelers and
bicycles, will get an improved and much wider space (8 meters) to move fast
in the city. As a consequence car lanes will have to be taken out to allow
for emission free lanes to be built....... Provided the City Council accepts
these plans.

Read more:
http://velomondial.blogspot.com/2007/10/main-network-emission-free-traffic.h
tml