[sustran] Re: "In my view you have no place asking a question like this since Shell "

Zvi Leve zvi at inro.ca
Thu Nov 22 08:27:23 JST 2007

Lee, you are an economist, correct? Perhaps you can  "enlighten" me a
bit on the economics of non-renewable resources. Why should we be
falling all over ourselves to "exploit these resources" as quickly as
possible? I would think that leaving them in the ground and thereby
letting the value increase as it becomes more and more scarce could also
be a 'profitable' business alternative. Am I missing something?

One of my friends often reminds me that oil is a crucial input to almost
everything in modern society. Burning it to propel our vehicles is a
rather wasteful use of such an important resource!

Zvi