[sustran] Re: Fwd: BRT in Beijing online video -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe2c4YWnyfM

Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory edelman at greenidea.eu
Thu Nov 22 02:41:23 JST 2007

Lee,

In my view you have no place asking a question like this since Shell -
one of the main benefactors of EMBARQ - LOVES it - if semi-secretly -
that automobilisation is on the increase in China.

I am not trying to do make a personal attack... but please, let's be real.

All of this
<http://www.shell.com/home/content/china-en/society_environment/dir_socialinvestment_1030.html>
should not be balanced against the other activities of the company nor
their competition. It is totally insignificant.

I could make suggestions... e.g. Shell would be okay if on a worldwide
basis they only sold energy to public transport and carshare, etc. but
then of course I would be called naive because the competition would
take advantage and so on. As I tried to say here
<http://greenideafactory.blogspot.com/2007/10/shell-nominated-for-worst-greenwash.html>
Shell simply does not care about sustainability in its full form.

And EMBARQ is a greenwashing exercise.

If I am kicked off the list for this comment, it is worth it. I don't
enjoy writing a letter like this. But I enjoy even less being polite and
thus silent.

- T

Todd Edelman
Director
Green Idea Factory

Korunní 72
CZ-10100 Praha 10
Czech Republic

Skype: toddedelman
++420 605 915 970
++420 222 517 832

edelman at greenidea.eu
http://greenideafactory.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/photos/edelman

Green Idea Factory is a member of World Carfree Network
www.worldcarfree.net