[sustran] Seeking children worldwide to submit articles/stories/poems/pictures on Sustainable Transport

Lew Fulton Lew.Fulton at unep.org
Wed May 30 22:54:55 JST 2007

Hello all, UNEP is assisting this project (described below) by spreading
the word; please also spread the word or even better, directly help find
some kids who might be interested in particpating.  Should be a great
project.

Lew Fulton
_____________________________________

My name is Anna Kitteringham and I work for Peace Child International, a
small educational charity based in the UK. I am currently working on a book
about Sustainable Transport that will be written and edited entirely by
children and young people and was hoping that you would like to be
involved. I am looking for exciting articles, stories, poems, pictures and
photographs from children and young people about transport where they live
and how they travel to school.

I would welcome contributions from anywhere in the world.

There are lots of different topics to think about, all the information is
also available on our website www.peacechild.org/transport.

The best contributions will be published in a book for children. Everyone
that enters work will receive a certificate and those that have
contributions published will be sent a copy of the book. Some participants
will be invited onto a virtual editorial board allowing them to give
opinions on the books design and contents over the internet.

Any help in disseminating this request or to collect contributions for this
book would be greatly appreciated. All I need you to do is to spread the
word about this project and to encourage as many people as possible to
enter work for the book. I would really appreciate if you could ask all
children and young people that you know to participate and would be
delighted if you would contribute too.

Many thanks,

Anna Kitteringham
Peace Child International