[sustran] Re: contracting out parking to private concessionaires

Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory edelman at greenidea.info
Sat May 19 07:29:55 JST 2007

Hi,

With all due respect, I fully realise this first bit doesn't help answer
your question, but I suggest that on-street parking be contracted out to
gardening firms, companies which plant trees, and so on.

This is a concession to no one but Mother Nature, and has great benefits
but risks creating an unexpected smile from a child, or even multiple
children; please see <http://www.rebargroup.org/projects/parking/#>

- T

p.s. My feeling is that when on-street parking becomes what I will call
"visually privatised" - as it is just a lease -  it encourages in the
worst way, with the worst use,  the exploitation of a public resource
for financial gain, no matter how much money is collected.

"Hi, I would like one order of new city. Please don't sugar-coat the
parking... no, in fact, please hold the parking. Thank you"

Walter Hook wrote:

> Does anyone have any information/sources for the possibilities of
> contracting out on-street parking to private concessionaires, the
> benefits and risks, etc?
>

> Best
>
> Walter
>

> [...]