[sustran] Re: UN "ambassador" for transport in cities.

Lee Schipper schipper at wri.org
Wed May 16 00:13:40 JST 2007

FWIW, Sonny Rollins is no star. He's hip and very concerned.

>>> "Eric Britton" <eric.britton at ecoplan.org> 5/15/2007 11:09:30 AM >>>
Sorry to protest but I truly despise the idea of your seriously considering
looking to media people as leading examples. Come on. They, with only a
minuscule number of exceptions, are entirely empty vessels. That's what they
do in life. IF that's the way this is heading, I am out of here.

Eric Britton

PS. In the last decades of her life, I had a lot of contact with Jane Jacobs
whom I had known since I was a very young man working with her and others to
block a park-destroying highway project in lower Manhattan. Mrs. Jacobs was
a great example for the world in terms of what she wrote and how she went
about things in her daily life. She walked, she biked, she took the bus. She
was, in this context, the very opposite of an actor . . . and their world of
here today gone tomorrow. Which makes me think that we should be looking for
the real thing and not some ghastly ersatz.

Come on now.

IMPORTANT NOTE to everyone who gets sustran-discuss messages via YAHOOGROUPS.

Please go to http://list.jca.apc.org/manage/listinfo/sustran-discuss to join the real sustran-discuss and get full membership rights. The yahoogroups version is only a mirror and 'members' there cannot post to the real sustran-discuss (even if the yahoogroups site makes it seem like you can). Apologies for the confusing arrangement.