[sustran] Re: UN "ambassador" for sustainable transport?

Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory edelman at greenidea.info
Tue May 15 07:14:48 JST 2007

Hi,

Lance Armstrong doesn't usually get around by bike, the thing which
helped make him a household name - the Tour de France -  has nothing to
do with urban cycling. I doubt he rides public transport, either. I
think he also is busy with his eponymous foundation which focuses on
testicular cancer.

***

Dave Snyder, the former director of the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition
and current president of the board of Livable City (among other roles)
suggested Sandra Oh, a Canadian actress, who he said rides her bike to
work.  Her current highest profile role is in the U.S.  TV show Grey's
Anatomy.

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandra_Oh>

In 2005, Oh made People magazine's list of the 50 Most Beautiful People^

AND don't miss this link, impressive for obvious reasons:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey%27s_Anatomy#Networks>

- T

p.s. VERY  much related to what this ambassador will...uh, "ambass"
about, Livable City has one of my favourite sustainable transport
graphics front and centre on its website:
<http://www.livablecity.org/images/gth2.gif>

Lloyd Wright wrote:
> Lance Armstrong might be an option to consider.

> IMPORTANT NOTE to everyone who gets sustran-discuss messages via YAHOOGROUPS.
>
> Please go to http://list.jca.apc.org/manage/listinfo/sustran-discuss to join the real sustran-discuss and get full membership rights. The yahoogroups version is only a mirror and 'members' there cannot post to the real sustran-discuss (even if the yahoogroups site makes it seem like you can). Apologies for the confusing arrangement.

> SUSTRAN-DISCUSS is a forum devoted to discussion of people-centred, equitable and sustainable transport with a focus on developing countries (the 'Global South').

Todd Edelman
Director
Green Idea Factory

Korunní 72