[sustran] UN Ambassador for Transport in Cities

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Tue May 15 01:49:24 JST 2007

From: Daryl Oster [mailto:et3 at et3.com] Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 6:25 PM
Eric, Could YOU pass a CO2 test?  How many BTU/year is your footprint?
Daryl Oster

Fair question Daryl.

I have gone on record on this for the last decade, and you can see my (not
so hot, but not so bad either) performance notes under Personal
Responsibility on the left menu of the New Mobility Agenda
(http://newmobility.org).

Also more recently you can see how I tried to handle my invitation to
address a mayor sustainable transport conference in Beijing a few weeks ago.
The story behind that  is at Global South, Beijing Mayors Conference.

So as far as personal transport is concerned I am 98% walk + bike + (a bit
of) public transport. (Not only easy but also agreeable to do in Paris as
Lee and others who have lived there can tell you.) But when it's time to
travel abroad, I am sticking to the one day of work on the sustainable
transport agenda to the place to which I am invited to go - for each hour in
transit. Or otherwise I just stay at home and handle it as best I can from
here. (And that happens quite a lot. Happily!)

Not a great example, I admit. But maybe not so bad either.