[sustran] Re: UN Ambassador for Transport in Cities

Lee Schipper SCHIPPER at wri.org
Tue May 15 01:28:35 JST 2007

None of us who travel in work could pass a CO2 test -  Eric did the first real teleconference I know of (in March 1996 sent to Vancouver) and saved fuel in a meeting where Laurie Michaelis calculated the meeting cost some few hundred giga joules (at 79 kg CO2/gigajoule) to get the rest of us there.

So I think Gore might actually be the person. His own house or travel doesn't disqualify him. And we don't expect he'll have a new job soon!

>>> "Eric Britton" <eric.britton at ecoplan.org> 5/14/2007 12:20 PM >>>
Numerous nominations continue to float in. Al Gore of course, but could he
pass a CO2 test?  Someone else asked why we were only talking about males
thus far. Good point.

Then one very naughty colleague has proposed Paris Hilton. Of course as a
soon non-driver . . .

(Letter unsigned)