[sustran] Open Source Technology for Delivering Sustainable Development

Real Dev opensource.development at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 09:22:44 JST 2007

Kenton Harmer and Max Bakker of the Presidio School of Management in San
Francisco would like to invite members of the SUSTRAN community to join our
list of 'authors' that will have access to an online platform exploring  - How
can Open Source Technology facilitate sustainable development in lesser
developed countries?

 Open source technology is allowing the formation of highly-functional and
diverse networks across sectoral and geographic boundaries.  The potential
of these networks is to create solutions and innovation from a broad
aggregate of expertise that has not before been available. We would like to
invite you to add your knowledge to a dialogue which will combine the
perspectives of both technology and development experts.

 The commitment required of you is to engage as fully as you are able to in
adding ideas, direction and resources to the dialogue particularily from the
perspective of sustainable transport in the southern hemisphere.

To access the dialogue platform go to
http://opensourcedevelopment.stikipad.com/Home/.  You can use the add
comments button to respond to the ideas presented or send an email to
opensource.development at gmail.com to be given Author status which allows you
a higher degree of editing and access control.

In May, a report will be issued mapping the learnings of how open source
technology can further develop as an important component of providing
sustainable aid.  This report will be widely available in order to both
sustain and broaden the dialogue and encourage innovation in the area.

We encourage you to make your voice heard quickly and frequently.  The
potential of this community to be a part of important solutions for
vulnerable populations is very real and we look forward to benefiting from
your contribution.

Thank you,

-Kenton Harmer & Max Bakker