[sustran] Re: (NEWS) Mumbai's BRTS project turns into a joke!

Bina C. Balakrishnan binac at rediffmail.com
Thu Mar 22 16:04:57 JST 2007

   Dear Sudhir,

I can assure you that the junction designs will be well taken care
of, without in any way compromising on safety. These designs will
be part of the scope of work of the Consultants handling the
project.
Regards

Mrs. B.C. Balakrishnan

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 Sudhir wrote :
>Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>I am an Highway Engineer working in National and International
>Highway Design Projects.
>I was worried about the Highway Design aspects pertaining to BRT
>lanes in congested urban areas.
>Can you please forward any highway crossections being proposed?
>It would be very difficult to design the junctions.
>Bus Stop locations, Intersections,superelevation and drainage
>would be the controlling  factors.
>
>Regards
>Sudhir
>Secon Pvt. ltd.
>the real sustran-discuss and get full membership rights. The
>yahoogroups version is only a mirror and 'members' there cannot
>post to the real sustran-discuss (even if the yahoogroups site
>makes it seem like you can). Apologies for the confusing
>arrangement.

>SUSTRAN-DISCUSS is a forum devoted to discussion of
>people-centred, equitable and sustainable transport with a focus
>on developing countries (the 'Global South').

Bina C. Balakrishnan
Consultant
Transportation Planning & Engineering
Mumbai, India