[sustran] Re: BRT - switchover lanes .... alternatively, why not run on the other side of the road-divider?

Peter Lutman lutman at globalnet.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 20:16:04 JST 2007

I believe that the 'wrong-way' working on dedicated, segregated bus lanes is used in Quito and elsewhere in South America so that (trolley)buses with doors on the right can unload and load at central platforms. It seems to work well, but I am not sure what arrangements would be necessary if the vehicles had to leave the busway and join general traffic on a section of the route.

Peter Lutman