[sustran] Re: BRT - switchover lanes

Brendan Finn etts at indigo.ie
Fri Mar 16 20:31:50 JST 2007

Dear Alan,

I think that's an excellent rule on three grounds :

1) It is simple and unambiguous

2) The participants always know which situation they are in, and whether they should yield. It is highly visible when a potential yield situation arises, no need for control systems.

3) The priority is to clear the bus stopping place to make room for incoming buses, so it is right that buses leaving the stopping area should have priority.

With best wishes,

Brendan.