[sustran] Re: Local cycling environment indicators: Let's have a look at . . .

Andy Clarke Andy at bikeleague.org
Mon Jun 4 23:09:21 JST 2007

Eric et al

Maybe these existing tools will be of some assistance to you:

1.	Bikeability checklist. Pretty basic, but a good start and great for getting people to do self-assessments of their community or neighborhood. http://www.bicyclinginfo.org/cps/checklist.cfm
2.	Bicycle Friendly Community program (US version) - more detailed survey with about 75 questions spread over engineering, education, enforcement, encouragement and evaluation topics. http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/communities/
3.	Bicycle Friendly Community program (European version) - self assessment tool for cities focused on planning and policy elements. http://www.goudappelcoffeng.nl/Velo/InfoIndex.php
4.	BFC Action Plan - a more political statement with ten key elements outlined. http://www.bicyclefriendlycommunity.org/symp_actionplan.htm

Andy Clarke