[sustran] Re: Tragedy of the commons!

Wagner Armin GTZ 4413 Armin.Wagner at gtz.de
Fri Jul 13 02:09:23 JST 2007

As with blocking the market entry of a cheap car, increasing fuel taxes
will be met by a substantial public outcry/debate (that we should be
prepared for): Please note in this context the article "Prime Numbers -
Pain at the Pump" in the Foreign Policy magazine:

"Drivers grumble about high gasoline prices all over the world. But with
oil prices at record highs, many countries are saying goodbye to gas
subsidies, making a trip to the filling station more expensive than
ever." : http://www.foreignpolicy.com/story/cms.php?story_id=3862&page=0

The analysis is based on our report "International Fuel Prices 2007":
www.gtz.de/fuelprices

Best regards,
Armin