[sustran] petition

Pascal van den Noort operations at velomondial.net
Sun Jan 28 03:20:34 JST 2007

Dear Sir / Madam,

Recently the European Commission presented their new plans for a clean
energy strategy. Unfortunately, the conclusion after reading the report must
be that, interesting as the proposed package of measures may be, the
Commission misses a great opportunity to work towards a true European
approach.

The Commission leaves the initiative to implement and develop the goals up
to the individual member states, while European leadership is called for.
This disintegrated approach will not result enough in the substantial
acceleration of R&D-spending that is needed. Only a common policy on the
allocation of research funding and large-scale implementation of energy
sources can ensure the best use of the geographical and other advantages of
the various member states.

We are trying to mobilize fellow civilians, politician and organizations, in
order to convince our governments that they can make an important step
towards an integral sustainable energy-policy in the next months. We kindly
request your support: please sign the petition on www.eurenew.eu . It would
also be of great help if you could forward this message and/or place the
enclosed banner as a link on your website.

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

Boris van der Ham, Member of Parliament, the Netherlands

Geert Lambert, Member of Parliament, Belgium

a.o.

www.eurenew.eu

Pascal J.W. van den Noort
Executive Director Velo Mondial
www.velomondial.net
www.velo.info
http://spicycles.velo.info
operations at velomondial.net

+31206270675 landline +31627055688 mobile phone