[sustran] Re: Old Mobility rules - 5 kinds of cities - maybe one more?

Brendan Finn etts at indigo.ie
Thu Jan 25 17:57:52 JST 2007

I suggest to add Category 0, those who are getting worse by doing plenty - of the "wrong" stuff - and are pretty determined to keep doing it. Those who are "doing nothing" - Category 1/2 - have at least paused in the hole they are digging.

I would put Dublin in category 3, dressing itself up as something better. For all the talk about Transport 21 and public transport investment, the big bucks have gone into roads and will continue to do so for the next few years.

For Cork, I would say that they are 4, with the caveats exactly as you describe them.

Brendan.