[sustran] Re: WHO Photo- video contest (and GTZ Photo CD)

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.info
Sat Jan 20 02:29:40 JST 2007

Carlos F. Pardo SUTP wrote:
> Jonas Hagen drew my attention to the announcement below, which may be
> of interest to many of you.

THE related posts below seem to indicate an acceptance of
mono-functional communication infrastructure (roads, streets...) as a
given, i.e., for cars, and at a certain minimum speed. This needs to
change. Most traffic engineers and believers of the Religion of Motoring
need to "lose their religion".

Erics proposal for a 15km/h limit is nice but so many other things about
cars (their manufacturing, the space they use, and so on) are neither
"safe" nor "uncivil".

- T

> eric.britton at ecoplan.org wrote:
>>
>> Dear Friends,
>>

>> Here is what we have observed on this subject over quite some years
>> in city after city, road after road and study after study, in many
>> places around the world.... [.....]

Todd Edelman
Director
Green Idea Factory