[sustran] Contested Streets - more thereof (Videos)

Eric Britton (ChoiceMail) Eric.Britton at ecoplan.org
Tue Jan 9 19:15:18 JST 2007

Happily we continue to receive videos and leads which I am able from time to
time either to integrate into one of our existing video libraries, or as in this
case to develop a new thread as per the above title. To get to it, the easiest
is to click over to the New Mobility Agenda at http://www.newmobility.org
<http://www.newmobility.org/> , from there on the left menu Video Libraries, and
then to Contested Streets. You'll see - and in the meantime here is how we
introduce it.

Life in the public sphere, it turns out, is inevitably a matter of choices, with
different people giving different values to different ways of being and
interacting. This can create conflict, "guns or better" as it is sometimes put.
What for example are roads, are these public spaces actually for?  If to some of
us this is not even up for discussion, as we move from Old to New Mobility it
turns out that you can have quite a lively conversation right there. Here are
some examples of this 'conversation'. (And oh yes, thanks www.transalt.org for
that good title.)

Let us hear what you think, suggest, or about clips that you think we should be
adding here or to one of the other informal libraries.