[sustran] Vietnam Backs Biogas Over Biofuels

Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory edelman at greenidea.eu
Sun Dec 23 01:19:21 JST 2007

    Vietnam Backs Biogas Over [other] Biofuels

Viet Nam is backing biogas--production of methane from manure and
agricultural waste--and banning [other] biofuels.

Hanoi rejects "biofuel fever" as a crime against humanity.

The Communist government says biofuels will aggravate the situation of
hungry people around the world and possibly lead to an environmental
catastrophe.

***

This comes from
<http://chinaconfidential.blogspot.com/2007/12/vietnam-backs-biogas-over-biofuels.html>
and lists no sources or anything so don't assume anything...

I found this through a Google News or Google Blogs Alert - I am signed
up to receive news about "biogas" among other things like "carfree" and
"car-free". Very useful.  There is really a lot going on with biogas for
generating electricity, etc.  I realise that developing countries are
often more developed in this area, at least in using biomethane for
cooking, etc, than developed ones...

Todd Edelman
Director
Green Idea Factory

Korunni 72
CZ-10100 Praha 10
Czech Republic

Skype: toddedelman
++420 605 915 970
++420 222 517 832

edelman at greenidea.eu
http://greenideafactory.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/photos/edelman

Green Idea Factory is a member of World Carfree Network
www.worldcarfree.net