[sustran] World Carfree Network's 2nd Annual Street Conversion Design Contest

Todd Edelman, Green Idea Factory edelman at greenidea.info
Thu Aug 16 00:34:30 JST 2007

 From WCN...

"2nd Annual Street Conversion Design Contest

The value of human-scaled carfree areas is increasingly appreciated,
both among urbanists and the general public. Yet how can we transform
existing areas to create lively people-oriented spaces free of traffic?

Through our 2nd Annual Street Conversion Design Contest, we are
challenging architects, artists and ordinary citizens from around the
world to design carfree spaces from formerly car-oriented spaces. And
where possible, we're also encouraging people to realise the designs on
the ground.

*Update:* Thanks to a grant from Artists' Project Earth
<http://www.apeuk.org>, we are able to do further global outreach to
announce this year's contest more widely. Therefore the deadline has
been extended to *November 15, 2007*. The grant has also allowed us to
offer cash prizes of €100-200."

See <http://www.worldcarfree.net/contest/> for more information...

Todd Edelman
Director
Green Idea Factory

Korunní 72
CZ-10100 Praha 10
Czech Republic

Skype: toddedelman
++420 605 915 970
++420 222 517 832

edelman at greenidea.eu
http://greenideafactory.blogspot.com/
www.flickr.com/photos/edelman

Green Idea Factory is a member of World Carfree Network
www.worldcarfree.net