[sustran] Taxi company for women, run by women

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Fri Sep 29 20:29:37 JST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: anna kydd [mailto:sorrelkydd at hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 11:06 PM
To: Gender and Transport
Subject: [gatnet] Taxi company for women, run by women
Does anyone know of examples of taxi companies run by women for women?   So far,
I know of examples in London, Dubai and Iran.

I am working in Guadalajara in Mexico in a consultancy company in the area of
social innovation.  I have been running a number of workshops with women and we
have been thinking of the idea of helping a group of women set up a taxi
company.  We are beginning to have a very clear idea about the transport needs
of women in Guadalajara but we have very little knowledge about how to actually
run a taxi company!

Any ideas of contacts or people who could help, would be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

Anna Kydd