[sustran] Busway Operation

Jonathan E. D. Richmond richmond at alum.mit.edu
Sun Sep 10 16:31:30 JST 2006

If anyone is an expert in busway implementation and operation and can
help with the following question, could they please be in touch with me.
The specific question I am trying to answer is "What is the difference in
capacity and operational viability and efficiency of an open as against a
closed busway." On an open busway, buses may enter and leave at various
points. With a closed busway, buses are isolated on the busway itself,
and do not enter or leave for distribution at teh residential or city
centre end. Thanks! --Jonathan!

-----
Jonathan Richmond
Transport Adviser to the Government of Mauritius
Ministry of Public Infrastructure, Land Transport and Shipping
Level 4
New Government Centre
Port Louis
Mauritius