[sustran] Taxi company for women, run by women

Eric Britton eric.britton at ecoplan.org
Wed Oct 4 16:36:57 JST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Mika Kunieda [mailto:kunieda at iea.att.ne.jp]
Sent: Wednesday, October 04, 2006 9:06 AM
To: Gender and Transport
Subject: [gatnet] Re: Taxi company for women, run by women

Anna,
Your project sounds very interesting! Please keep us up to date!
While looking for material on an female-owned taxi company in Cote d'Ivoire
(still looking, anyone have any leads?)
I found the following articles. Hope they help.
Mika

All-female taxi cab company in Iran
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/not_in_website/syndication/monitoring/media_repor
ts/2391703.stm

All women taxi company in India, New Delhi
http://in.news.yahoo.com/051207/43/61f09.html

article on female-owned taxi company (Jadi Leasing Company)in New York
http://www.nybdc.com/minoritywomen.htm