[sustran] The Sigrid Rausing Trust seeks a new Director

Eric Britton Eric.Britton at ecoplan.org
Mon Nov 27 17:14:28 JST 2006

Dear Gatnet Family,

I would love to see someone from this splendid group take over this
position and lead this foundation into the future.

And just cause I so rarely share views or opinions with you (I guess
that’s a joke?), let me add a few comments and thoughts of my own about
how I for one would quite like to see this develop:

1.	Our candidate takes over the job with a 5 year plan to increase
the grant-giving potential by x10. (Suppose she misses and it is only
doubled. Well, what about that?)

2.	10% of the available total is given over each year to
Gatnet-generated projects (whatever that might mean).

3.	She would name three of us (preferably with if not opposing at
least non-consensual views on many important points) as unpaid advisors.

4.	20% percent of her personal salary would be placed by her in
gender projects of her personal choice.

Of course it has to be a woman (wouldn’t you say?) Not only is this
riding with the wave of the times,  but far more important than that it
is a central part of the indispensable highest priority gender
adjustment in our social and political organization. For which all I can
say in closing is that: it’s about time.

Eric Britton

>From The Economist – November 25th 2006
The Sigrid Rausing Trust seeks a new Director to lead the development of
the next phase of the Trust, which currently gives grants of about
£15million per year in the fields of international human rights, women's
rights, minority rights, environmental justice and social and economic
rights.

Applicants must have a strong interest in and understanding of
international human rights and women's rights, good strategic skills,
the ability to manage complex programmes and the capacity to exert
strong intellectual leadership. Research or field experience in the NGO
sector would be an advantage, but candidates from other sectors are
welcome to apply.

The salary will be £75,000-110,000 pa + benefits, depending upon
experience.

For full details, including person specification, please see our
website: www.sigrid-rausing-trust.org

Closing date for applications is 2nd January 2007.

Please send a cover letter and a CV to the following address: Sheetal
Patel (Director Application), Sigrid Rausing Trust, Eardley House, 4
Uxbridge Street, London W8 7SY, or by e-mail, clearly marked 'Director
Application', to info at srtrust.org to reach us by the deadline.