[sustran] Road Pricing/Congestion Charging

Eric Britton Eric.Britton at ecoplan.org
Sat Nov 25 05:54:43 JST 2006

I give up. There has been so much interesting discussion over these last
months and weeks, and so much action going on in so many places, that we
have decided today to open the first Accelerated Learning Sessions under
the Sustainable Cities/New Mobility Policy Dialogues program that is to
meet in Monaco in the last three days of March next, as well to make it
into the subject of one of our very first Briefs under the New Mobility
Advisory/Briefs program (http://newmobilitybriefs.org).

The information and details on all this will be posted on the Monaco
site at http://www.monaco.newmobility.org  early next week, and in
parallel on the Briefs site..

As you most assuredly know this is one area of transport policy and
practice in which there are a lot more opinions than solid information,
and even more important informed perspective from the vantage of the
decision makers who need to figure out if this might make sense for
their cities. It is in this area that I think our group can make some
very useful contributions.  We have after all been looking at this for a
very long time now and in such a wide range of places.

Stay tuned, and share your thoughts on this with me in private, or if
you feel it is appropriate with the group as a whole.