[sustran] Re: Advertizing!

Jonathan E. D. Richmond richmond at alum.mit.edu
Wed Nov 8 23:12:31 JST 2006

Yes, Sudhir, and that is exactly what I said!

My approach was tried precisely because, as you say, benefit-cost analysis
is often not the basis for decision-making.

Instead, I aimed at forming consensus amongst a diverse group of
interested parties on a series of measures which had a chance of actually
coming into existence --Jonathan

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Sudhir wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>

> What you have said is not exactly true for developing countries like India.
>
> There is severe resource crunch and there is huge competition among various
> sectors for the resources. Moreover it is extremely difficult to convince
> the decision makers by the technical persons for the necessary
> infrastructure decisions.
>
> By the time the government takes the decision, its five-year term closes and
> a new government is sworn in.
>
> It is not always the Benefit-Cost analysis that is the basis for a
> selection of a Project.
>

> Regards
>
> Sudhir
>
> India

-----
Jonathan Richmond
Visiting Professor
Logistique, Transport et Tourisme
Conservatiore National des Arts et Metiers
5 rue du Vertbois
75141 Paris Cedex 03
France

Home:
40 rue Paul Delinge
95880 Enghien-les-Bains
France

1 (617) 395-4360
(US number forwards and rings in France.
All calls billed as if to Massachusetts)

e-mail: richmond at alum.mit.edu
http://the-tech.mit.edu/~richmond/