[sustran] Re: Final comment on MCs

Todd Edelman edelman at greenidea.info
Tue May 23 10:10:49 JST 2006

Setty wrote:

> I would like to hear from a mcycle family which has tow children in two
> different schools, wife and husband working different places, living in a
> large Indian city and ask how them how all this theory on SUSTRAN works in
> real life!!

WE need to work to change the design of the city (that was the point of my
last email) while we also minimize the negatives and increase the
positives of our current transport solutions (which is no less important,
but was not the subject of that email).

But, eventually, changing the design will simply mean less transport is
needed.

I would like to hear from a mcycle family which wants to change their
large Indian city so that their schools and workplaces are within walking,
cycling or PT distance - in that order of priority - of home.

- T

"Utopia" is complimentary and complementary.

Todd Edelman
International Coordinator
On the Train Towards the Future!

Green Idea Factory