[sustran] Re: "India is on the road to a transport revolution"

Eric Bruun ericbruun at earthlink.net
Tue May 9 00:05:27 JST 2006

Daryl

What was this about stating only "facts"? Cities far less dense than NYC and Tokyo that have
high uses of public transportation have far lower energy and land consumption than primarily
auto-based cities. Yet you keep trying to say that auto is more "sustainable" -- Maybe to you this
is a fact, but then you have some non-environmental definition in mind that is not shared by most
on this listserve.

Also, the idea that the "rail industry" is winning the developmental battle against the automotive
industry and forcing places to get rail instead of what they want, is ridiculous.

Eric Bruun