[sustran] Re: rail vs road freight distribution

D. Scott TenBrink scott at pedalsong.net
Mon May 8 12:30:02 JST 2006

Daryl Oster said:

"With all the benefits available with ETT, why would anyone promote rail
infrastructure for new development, especially since cars/roads have displaced
passenger rail to ultra high density niche markets in developed countries."

For me, this statement leads to another question.  Considering the extensive
evidence that you have presented, why hasn't ETT made any progress in
acquiring
funding or producing a test model?  I would be interested to hear what
Mr. Oster
sees as the obstacles to implementation.

 From your previous posts is seems that you place significant blame on rail
advocates, which I think is misdirected.  Whether rail is subsidized or not, I
can't imagine that rail advocacy efforts can afford to put many resources into
actively obstructing ETT funding.  Do you see rail advocacy as the major
obstacle to ETT implementation?

-Scott