[sustran] Re: Incident on the National Highway of India

Sarath Guttikunda sguttikunda at gmail.com
Mon May 8 01:03:36 JST 2006

I am from the UPPAL area and it is an everyday affair that drivers (not just
lorries and not just UPPAL) drive with one hand on the steering wheel and
one hand on the horn, whic makes controling the vehicles problematic and I
won't be surprised if it is the case here again. As Corlos mentioned
earlier, this could very well be an issue of discipline, driving
patterns, and drivers behaviour. Besides construction of NHs we need more
communications and awareness on safety and safe driving.

Here is an article on CNN principal voices today by Prof. Geetam Tiwari at
IIT Delhi.
**
*
http://www.principalvoices.com/2006/urbanization/geetam.tiwari.white.paper.html