[sustran] Re: Bangkok bike parking

Sunny sksunny at gmail.com
Fri May 5 00:25:38 JST 2006

it is a very nice example tht Carlos has cited on the energy saving I
guess that the bangkok officials should not urge but instead take the
lead and cut the power themselves for 45min as they planned....mere
words will not provide a solution for the energy savings and the same
rule applies to the transportation....requesting the people to shift to
public transport will no do the job as there is a need for a total PT
reform.....with the existing condition of the buses I doubt if people
would shift..instead if the quality and service is improved then surely
people would shift for the PT. As Carlos suggested there is a strong
need of "ENFORCEMENT" rather than urging.

Sunny