[sustran] Re: Guardian article

Ranjith de Silva ranjithsd at sltnet.lk
Wed May 3 12:54:52 JST 2006

Dear Sunny

I read your comments with interest. I have been involved in a few
workshops organised by IFRTD India National Forum Group in Rajasthan to
influence the PMGSY (Prime Minister's Rural Road development Programme)
on the inclusion of community participation and consultation, use of
appropriate technology and safety. I still have some concerns over the
PMGSY (perhaps the largest rural road development programme in the
world???)methodology but the concept of this programme to make the
isolated villages connected to services and markets looks great.

Ranjith

Ranjith de Silva
Asia Regional Coordinator
International Forum for Rural Transport and Development (IFRTD)